Mutt Mix: Mixed breed dog DNA identification kit
How many dogs make a Mutt? The answer is "at least 2 breeds," but many Mutts may have 3 or 4 or even more breeds in their genetic make-up.
Are you curious about the make-up of your mixed-breed dog?
- The test is quick and painless
- Order your kit from us - it will be couriered to you
- Inside the envelope you'll find a customer information card for you to complete; a paper sleeve containing two swabs and a return envelope for the samples.
- Swab your Dog by following the instructions - brush the inside of the left and right cheeks for 20 seconds. (This doesn't hurt your dog)
- Allow the swabs to dry for at least 30 minutes then place them back into the paper sleeve and place this, together with your completed customer information card, into the return envelope
- A courier will be arranged to collect this from you.
The process takes 6-8 weeks from the time that you return the samples.
The total cost for this is R930. This includes R200 for courier-costs, to send you the test kit and to collect it from you.
Now, start guessing the breeds in your dog!
You will receive your certificate with the list of breeds detected, behavioural information about each breed and some info on typical disease risks, via email.
* * *
This is #aloeverapuppy's certificate from Mutt Mix. We were very surprised initially (many people thought she was a Jack Russell), but it's been fun seeing the different traits revealed as she has matured. Did you guess correctly? ;-)