Montego KAROO Senior Dry Dog Food
As dogs age, their activity levels slow down. Similarly, overweight dogs require a lower fat-to-protein ratio diet to assist with weight management. Appropriate nutrition plays a vital role in maintaining longevity and quality of life. A super-premium limited ingredient diet for Senior or Overweight dogs. Complete and Balanced.
- Chicken - Joint Mobility Protein: A natural source of glucosamine and chondroitin that helps maintain joint mobility and strength, reducing deterioration while providing energy.
- Lamb - Adds deliciious flavour and texture, while providing essential amino acids, crucial to maintaining and supporting the strength and health of ageing muscles.
- Low Carbohydrate Formulation Using Only Rice: A high-quality single grain, easily digestible carbonhydrate provides all day energy.
- Nourishing Fish Oils: Omega -3 fatty acids from fish oils are essential to the maintenance of clear vision and brain function as well as immune system health, joint health, skin health and a shiny coat.
- Omega-6 from Animal Fats and Vegetable Oils: Fatty acids from chicken fat (Omega 6) help nourish your dog's ageing skin, while encapsulated fatty acids are essential for reducing stool odour.
- Prebiotics: Inulin and Beet Pulp: A fibre-rich source of fructo-oligosaccharides stimulates the growth of beneficial bacteria in the digestive system.
- Dried Algae Schizochytrium sp.: A rich source of DHA that supports healthy ageing by improving cognitive ability, promoting mental alertness in mature dogs (+5 yrs).
- L-Carnitine: Aids in the conversion of fat into energy and lean muscle mass, optimisng and maintaining a healthy metabolism in senior or overweight dogs.
Rice, chicken meal, lamb meal, chicken fat, beet pulp, brewer’s yeast, whole egg powder, inulin, hydrolysed chicken, fish oil, potassium chloride, salt, essential minerals & vitamins, dried algae - Schizochytrium sp., sodium bisulphate, encapsulated fatty acids, L-Carnitine.
Crude protein 22.5% Moisture 12% Total Fat 10% Crude fibre 3.5% Crude Ash 7% Calcium 1.2% Phosphorus 0.7% Omega-6 fatty acids 1.75% Omega-3 fatty acids 0.5% EPA/DHA 0.4% Glycaemic Carbonhdrates 38% Taurine 500 mg/kg, Glucosamine 640 mg/kg Chondroitin 330 mg/kg Metabolisable energy 350 kcal/100g
Daily Feeding Guide:
When switching a senior dog to Karoo Senior please do so gradually by decreasing your existing brand and increasing the amount of Karoo Senior. Important: The larger the breed, the earlier you should switch to a senior diet. Ensure fresh water is always available for your dog.
|Current Weight (kg)||Senior||Weight Loss||Weight Control|
|1 - 5 kg||30 - 90 g||25 - 80 g||35 - 105g|
|5 - 10 kg||90 - 150 g||80 - 135 g||105 - 175 g|
|10 - 20 kg||150 - 225 g||135 - 225 g||175 - 295 g|
|20 - 30 kg||225 - 345 g||225 - 300g||295 - 400 g|
|30 - 40 kg||345 - 425 g||300 - 385 g||400 - 500 g|
|40 - 50 kg||425 - 500 g||385 - 450 g||500 - 585 g|
|50 - 60 kg||500 - 650 g||450 - 580 g||585 - 755 g|
|60 - 70 kg||650 - 685 g||580 - 610 g||755 - 790 g|
|70 - 80 kg||685 - 720 g||610 - 645 g||790 - 875 g|
|80 kg+||720 g+||645 g+||835 g+|