Montego KAROO Puppy Dry Food - Small to Medium Breed Puppy
Puppies grow at different rates. While smaller breeds can reach adulthood in as little as 9 months, giant breeds may continue to grow for up to 2 years. To get the most out of their diet, puppies must eat today for the dogs they will be tomorrow! Single grain recipe with real chicken, lamb and rice. Super-premium Limited Ingredient Diet.
Complete and balanced. Recommended by Vets
- Low Carbohydrate Formulation using only rice: Single grain, high quality, highly digestible carbohydrate provides all day energy for your puppy.
- Chicken: Energy-sustaining protein: Provides abundance of energy for physical strenght to meet the demands of a playful, active lifestyel
- Lamb: Strength-building protein: Adds delicious flavour and texture, while providing essential amino acids, crucial to the development of strong healthy muscles.
- Omega-6 from animal fats and vegetables oils: Omega-6 fatty acids from chicken fat help nourish your puppy's skin, while encapsulated fatty acids are essential for reducing stool odour.
- Prebiotics: Inulin and Beet Pulp: This fibre rich source of fructo-oligosaccharides stimulates the growth of beneficial bacteria in immature digestive systems, while also improving stool quality.
- Protective Coating - Kaolin: This provides a protective coating to the epithelial of the gastrointestinal tract, aiding optimal nutrient absorption.
Rice, chicken meal, chicken fat, lamb meal, beet pulp, whole egg powder, brewer’s yeast, inulin, milk powder (lactose-reduced), hydrolysed chicken, fish oil, kaolin, salmon oil powder, potassium chloride, salt, essential minerals & vitamins, sodium bisulphate, encapsulated fatty acids.
Crude protein - 27% Moisture - 12% Total Fat - 14.5% Crude fibre - 3% Crude Ash - 7,5% Calcium - 1.5% Phosphorus - 0,9% Omega-6 fatty acids - 2.5% Omega-3 fatty acids - 1% DHA - 0.25% Glycaemic carbonhdrates - 33% Taurine - 750mg/kg Glucosamine - 640 mg/kg, Chondroitin 300mg/kg Metabolisable energy - 375 kcal/100g
Puppies up to 6 months of age should be fed three small meals a day. Thereafter, twice daily until adulthood. Important: When switching your puppy to Karoo Puppy, do so gradually, by decreasing your existing brand and increasing the amount of Karoo Puppy Food. Please ensure fresh water is always available.
Daily Feeding Guide:
|Adult Weight||2 Months (g/day)||4 Months (g/day)||6 Months (g/day)||9 - 12 Months (g/day)|
|1 - 5 kg||30 - 90 g||35 - 120 g||40 - 125 g||Adult|
|5 - 10 kg||90 - 145 g||120 - 200 g||125 - 210 g||Adult - 210 g|
|10 - 15 kg||145 - 195 g||200 - 275 g||210 - 285 g||210 - 280 g|
|15 - 20 kg||195 - 245 g||275 - 340 g||285 - 355 g||280 - 350 g|
|20 - 30 kg||245 - 315 g||340 - 455 g||355 - 480 g||
350 - 470 g
Highly active, pregnant or lactating adultadult dogs and bitches
|1 - 5 kg||35 - 135 g|
|5 - 10 kg||135 - 225 g|
|10 - 15 kg||225 - 300 g|
|15 - 20 kg||300 - 375 g|
|20 - 30 kg||375 - 510 g|