IDIOT'S GUIDE: Puppies
- Idiot's Guides
Nothing's cuter or more fun than a new puppy. But it takes lots of work to get ready for them, to take good care of them, and to teach them to be a well-behaved member of the family. Idiot's Guides: Puppies, gives readers everything they need to prepare for a new puppy and make the experience as smooth and enjoyable as possible, for the family as well as the puppy. In it, readers get:
- Dozens of fun-loving and helpful full-color photographs
- An assessment of what type of puppy is best for their home and lifestyle, plus tips on where to go to find one, once they know what they are looking for.
- Steps for preparing for the new puppy before it arrives, including puppy-proofing the home and yard, buying the necessary tools and equipment, preparing kids and other pets and setting up places for the puppy to sleep and eat.
- Tips on how much and when to feed your puppy, and how to choose among dry food, canned food, and home-cooked and natural options.
- Step-by-step training tutorials for house-training, basic commands and manners, socialization, and solving problem behaviors such as biting and chewing.
- Expert medical advice from a veterinarian on what to watch for, and what to do when your puppy is sick or injured.
- Format Paperback | 304 pages
- Dimensions 196 x 232 x 20mm | 848g
- Publication date 02 Dec 2014
- Publisher Dorling Kindersley Ltd
- Imprint Alpha
- Publication City/Country London, United Kingdom
- Language English
- ISBN10 1615646450
- ISBN13 9781615646456